Monday, October 25, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower

I have a friend who is such a beautiful person inside and out.  I wanted to give her a shower that sparkled as much as she does.  She was just married this past weekend and I just now had time to post the shower we had over a month ago. 

She preferred brunch and other than that I had free will to do whatever I wanted.  So I had seen all over the Internet "Breakfast at Tiffany" themed showers.  So here is what I did......

I started with making a monogram on Power Point


Then for the centerpieces I used blume boxes with a damask ribbon and a sheer ribbon behind that.


For the favors I got the favor boxes at Dollar Tree, 15 gowns for $1.00.  The glass diamond paperweights I got on efavormart.com.


For the dessert bar, I used pearls, silver accents and some acrylic diamonds I found at Michael's.  Plus some of the glass jars, silver jars and silver candy dishes I already had. I made the labels with the same background as the monogram label and same font.





For the food, since it was a brunch and I did not have all day to cook the day before (I work a full time job), I did overnight casseroles.  I made:
 sausage, egg and cheese casserole
tomato, basil and cheese tart
blueberry french toast
parfait buffet
fresh fruit and salad bar


For drinks I was going to do mimosas but I am not into people coming to my house to get tanked and then drive away.  So we did fake Mimosas, this is my favorite and the bride requested it again on her wedding day.  She requested I bring them again to the bridal suite so we could toast before she walked down the isle.
I got the tub from Home Goods at the end of Spring sale (I LOVE this tub). I did not get a picture with the drinks in it though, but I do have a picture of the bottles below. We mixed the drinks with orange juice and it made a sparkling foo foo drink.











This is my Florida Room and it is where we have all the parties.  It has AC but all the windows also open for those rare cool Florida days.  I am going to paint those windows after we finish the Master Bedroom and Bathroom.  I hate the orange color on the walls. Anyways, back to the shower. All the table linens, chair covers and chair sashes came from efavormart.com. I tell you what this website is the best for prices on linens and it is good quality stuff.  The napkin rings came from eBay and the come in all different colors.  The plates, we bought 3 years ago for my sisters wedding. We have 200 of them and love them, they go from table to microwave to oven. I can not remember the website but I just remember typing in plates and wholesale.  They work great since it is a basic beige color, we use them year-round for all parties.







1 comment:

  1. Hey!! What a brilliant bridal shower. I just loved everything. From décor to the food table everything looks so elegant. Recently have arranged my sister’s bridal shower at one of DC wedding venues. That was simply outstanding as I had arranged princess themed bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete